Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The editor's booklist - well, a few


Many folks often inquire about my reading habits, books, magazines, or newspapers. I am always unsure what to say because I read so much on a regular basis. Here, though, are some of my current selections from the book side. As far as newspapers go, I try to read on a daily basis papers such as the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Sacramento Bee.


On the book front, as you can see from the accompanying photo, I enjoy reading on a wide range of topics. I am currently trying to finish the following four tomes: The Fact Checker's Bible,Oil!, Hamburgers and Fries: an American Story, and We the media.
Upton Sinclair is one of my favorite authors and his book, Oil!, is a classic tale of greed and life during the Southern California oil boom. We the media is a very intriguing book about citizen journalism and the rise of blogging and independent internet information outlets. The Fact Checker's Bible is a no brainer. Hamburgers and Fries is about the classic "American" meal, written by acclaimed food writer John T. Edge.

No comments: